- What’s the role of a proofreader? How is it different from an editor’s role?
- Check for consistency (language, layout, punctuation)
- Check for errors
- Understand grammar terms and rules
- Check sentences are correct and unambiguous
- Use clauses and tenses correctly
- Fix run-on sentences
- Tricky issues (less/fewer, that/which)
- Recognise commonly confused words
- Quick punctuation refresher
After the workshop, you can download handy factsheets: Proofreading tips, Quick guide to punctuation and Ten common errors in grammar.